sabato 6 dicembre 2014

ALIEN ISOLATION QUICK REVIEW

Usually I'm not the kind of guy who buy " movie franchise videogame ", this because most of the time are low quality games, but also because I like see new stories with new characters, but sometimes I do some exception since something of special and unusual is released, and you can bet a hand that this Alien Isolation is one of them.
Albeit I loved the Aliens  movie saga, the only one videogame that I bought was for Commodore 64, for the above mentioned reasons, what pushed me to buy this one ?

"The real survival horror is dead with Playstation one ", I resigned myself about that since wasn't been  released any great horror game since  Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.
I like the first three Resident Evil Chapters because they mixed and dose perfectly shooting, explorations and puzzle solving, albeit them let  you have fun in shooting enough often, they never  exaggerated about it, the ammunition was very few, the atmosphere was great and you could felt the tension every time you turn the corner and you felt relentlessly hunted, a sensation that I never feel anymore, so far.

I have to say that Alien Isolation impressed me very well, the graphics is impressive, it's a graphics that start to be next generation, the poligonals models and texture level of environments and characters are jawdropping, also the alien it's so well made, the environments design is amazing, you really feel like entrapped in a big station ship.
One other thing that impressed me is the sound, wow, talking about hardware I never heard anything like that, the movement of the alien above  scaring me very often, remarkable, it's worth mention also the terrific voice of the androids, awesome.
Talking about the gameplay, was time that I waited for a survival horror genre comeback, this is a survival game at 100%, even more of the first Resident Evil, you have to shoot less respect the first Resident Evil, and just like in Resident Evil 3 you have a big monster that hanting you relentless, but this time is worst, because the alien is more incessant then nemesis, and you can't kill him, you can only hide , infact you will spend most of the time hiding from the alien, this put you in a continuos situation of stress and anxiety.
The main campain is long, more of twenty hours and worth to play with it at least two time, moreover we have also three short modality, " last survivor, survival mode and crew expendable " .
It's not a game without flaws, there is too much backtracking , some repetitive parts and the enemys weapons who remain freeze on air, but inspite this i think that this game it's a small masterpiece, a jewel  in the landscape  of nowdays where most of the videogames are more and more similar.


MY PERSONAL SCORE IS :  8,5

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento